Monday, May 3, 2010

Snakes Galora

Tomorrow morning at 3 am Theresa, Doris and I will will be off for Ontario. The roads are flooded in some areas and we will have to take some side roads. I was amazed to hear that over 13 inches of rain fell on the roads in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Today we had a day of getting all the little things done. I was planting the last flowers when a snake crossed my path. I yelled for Theresa but she was right there taking off the clothes from the line. This beautiful 5 foot black snake was not alarmed at first but when I approached to pick it up it took off and ran to the bananas. It was a rat snake and harmless, but a good friend of the gardener.

Theresa was less afraid of this snake and this is a good thing. This snake was coal black and shiney and very fast when startled. We were able to observe it for a while.

Tonight we rest for our drive home through some of the most beautiful states in the USA. Wednesday we will be with our family and happy. I am looking forward to seeing my friend Doug and Pat who had a hard accident when Doug blew out his knee. We look forward to being with him to help put in his strawberries and garden.

Come to think of it, I am going to be busier when I go home than here. Oh well I will not have to look out for the snakes in the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...