Sunday, May 23, 2010

All Together Again

It happened as it should with a perfect count for our two day hog wrestle. All the immediate family and significant others gathered at our house for many hours of fun and antics. The two that we were given special notice were at their best and made us proud of their genuine pleasure. My oldest daughter thought that since we were honouring sixteen year-olds we should give them some advice or remarks from our experience.

As they read these little wise verses I personally was impressed with the candor each of them showed as they read unedited remarks. Loud laughter and clapping resulted at the end of each item and we all shared in the joy of being part of such a happy and fun loving family.

We recognized the achievements of our grandchildren and bathed in reflected glory at their achievements. One in particular just completed her BA with honours and will go on to her Honours Degree next, as she was just accepted into that program. What makes her achievement noteworthy is the fact she had two jobs, a full course load and completed the year with honours. Megs is special. A noisy granddaughter who is completing her senior matriculation and will enter university next year, will do so after she travels to Africa this summer with her mother to volunteer and learn for a few weeks with Free the Children. This kid is a super athlete and participates in all school activities in a leadership role.

All the kids are special but some shine more at times and I love the fact that we are happy to recognize the fact. I must be getting old as I have this sentimental leaning now as I never had before. I really lean on my siblings and grand children who enrich my life so much.

Theresa and I get joy just from associating with these bundles of energy. My best time is when we get a political topic going and to hear the wisdom of the young. Sometimes I hear my own words so I must have made a little impression. They all have a green social conscience and a political bias so it is fun.

They have all gone and we are already getting ready for their return...life is sweet.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post to share, family gatherings and grandchildren to be proud of. Yes, indeed, you and Teresa have a lot to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you realize how much I lean on you too Dad. Thanks so much for the support ♥
    We had a fantastic visit and look forward to the next.

    Daughter #2
    ox

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...