Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Baseball

Sunday morning and baseball was not the agenda. Grandson Troy was playing and I promised to attend and see him pitch and catch. Theresa and I bundled up and made for the game right on time. We saw Troy warming up and I had this feeling that every time I attend the team falls apart. The weather was perfect and as we unfolded our chairs down near 3rd base we settled in for a good game.

Daughter number 3 arrived and sat between us and opened a large bag of sun flower seeds. The game started and our grandson was on the home team so they took the field. Troy started on second base and the game started. A few plays and the score was 1 to 0 for the away team. Two out and a simple play at third would have ended the inning but the number 3 threw the ball to first and the rout was on.

Eleven runs later our team had a chance to get some runs. They got a few but two hours later we walked out of the ball diamond and the score was 14 to eight. As we passed Troy he gave us a hug and said he was sorry. I lied and said it was a good game and we enjoyed it. We did enjoy the game but we wanted Troy to do well. He got on base four times out of five on walks and a single. We were pleased.

I feel like a jinx as they always have a hard time when we attend. I love to watch the young lad play hockey, baseball or any other athletic endeavour as he is a superior athlete. He feels bad for us when his team loses . I feel proud every time he plays as he is such a good athlete and a good sport. Theresa and I will continue to attend and support this little fellow and maybe his team will win one of these days . If not it does not matter as he is a winner when he walks on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...