Monday, May 10, 2010

24 Hour Depression

Any year that the Detroit Red Wings do not make the finals for the NHL Championship I suffer 24 hour depression. To get out of this problem I do not turn to drugs or alcohol but work. Today I bought one of those one meter by one meter bags of triple mix and over seeded the front lawn. I added 8 bags of sheep and cattle manure and that fixed the depression.

I was so tired and sore after the wheel barrows of soil and animal soil that I did not have the strength to think of The Wings. Every three years I try to over seed the lawns but I have a clover problem and since we do not use those terrible chemicals anymore, I live with it. From the curb it is green and looks OK if kept cut short.

Crossing the border with a new rotor tiller was no problem but it cut my spade work in a quarter. Everything is so early that I have to hurry to catch up and this little 10 inch tiller does the job.

Tomorrow I go to play golf with the Old Masters of Oakville and it is supposed to rain. I will attend and meet the group and begin the cycle all over again. Life really is good and the Wings will return with new vitality next year. Who said that winning was everything. Doug and I just want to compete.....believe that and I have some land for sale in the everglades of Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...