Friday, January 1, 2010

Our Other Home

We arrived in Florida and felt that warm air as we left our 737 aircraft on our way to our home. After two weeks of great visits from family and friends we were ready for the relative quietness of Florida lifestyle. I was anxious to see my garden and trees because of a dry spell. The grass was longer and the garden was producing yellow and green beans right on schedule. Ripe papaya,s greeted us and the last of the oranges and grapefruit were ready to be picked and shared.

We loved our Ontario visit with the kids and and thought it was the best since becoming a snowbird. Many times we were greeted as we opened our front door by smiling faces and kids eager to share there time with the old folks.Doris felt a little house bound as the cold weather made her change her outdoor activities to a few shopping excursions to the malls and family visits.

Now I will be able to concentrate my time to golf and writing. I missed my blogging friends and the daily need to write and this surprised me. I am addicted to this exercise and hope to continue for years to come.

The new security measures at the airport caused me to feel less happy about flying. Five different security checks were made and several hours of time spent waiting in lines. It actually took more time in the airport then the time to fly to Florida. Our three hour flight ended in a 8 hour day.

My eldest daughter took the liberty of getting in my blog space and wrote a guest entry. She is my right hand person and technical advisor in my writing.

No blog would be complete on new year's day without expressing my best wishes to all for a better year than the last. If all will do a little better individually we will have a changed world collectively. My personal wish is for family and friends to be healthy and happy in their work and personal life.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. You are living a charmed life, though with new stringent travel protocols, a bit more restricted. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...