Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009


2009 was a year filled with emotional highs and lows. New members to the clan came as a result of my grandniece having a baby boy. Nephews and grandchildren extended the family by introducing their boy and girl friends. This is a good moment for we who cherish the extension of our family. We have become a little United Nations and I personally love the diversification.

We suffered losses as well with the death of my brother Murray and brother-in-law Richard Arlen. These two left behind young families and will be missed - but remembered. Some of our clan lost jobs, were promoted or just started working and going to school. To these people we can only say good luck.

2009 gave Theresa and I another year of adventures and travel. Our lifestyle is a blessing and we count ourselves fortunate. This year we have plans for further travel and even more time with our families. Personally I wish to complete my book and continue blogging when I have the time. One immediate goal is to master Tai Chi and make the old timers ball team here in Cape Coral.

This was a challenging year for many and as I see many of my acquaintances suffering from economic fatigue, I know that this year will be better but slow in recovering. Everyone has to live within his or her financial means until this is over. If everyone did this the country would get a real boost. The biggest problem we have was not the fault of the greedy banks alone but our own greed in living beyond our means with plastic and a willing lender.

In a few days I have a birthday and as I look around to friends and family I see such a change over the years and I must stop telling my grandchildren how it was 70 years ago. Life now is so different from and more complicated than the life of yesterday that I wonder how the young people survive as well as they do. We older folks can offer a hand when necessary to keep things in perspective as long as we don't act too wise.

So I say goodbye to 2009 and welcome 2010 with high hopes and expectation for a world without wars and tragedies, and replaced with order and respect, to bring peace to our troubled and sick world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...