Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Looking Back

Today being my birthday I look back a little with fond memories. I always say that I never had a bad day but some days bad things happened. I still believe this and rarely look back. The places I lived or visited, the people I know or met and the experiences I realized make me what I am today. I feel that I am extremely happy and grateful for the totality of all that was and look forward to the future.

As a self actuated person the future is a gift to be cherished and shared with all who make my life complete.Many years ago I was influenced by Professor Newberry, a philosophy advocate who taught me to see the world as a vast opportunity to discover the joys of participating in this exciting structure. He saw joy in understanding the true meaning of being a citizen who believed in the universal currency of human rights and the worth of every living soul.

Looking back I see the branches of our family tree growing and how we can be a force for good. So many people drift through life without causing a ripple but I see our family causing a storm for the betterment of society. I am proud of the contributions of our young people who are passionate about life and making a difference.


Looking ahead I see that there will be times for celebrations for deeds performed and goals met. I shall try to inspire and motivate our family to be the best that they are capable of being. Looking back might be of some value but looking ahead is so much more productive.I have been given 73 good years and look forward to many more filled with exciting experiences and surprises .

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Papa!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and maybe even a piece of birthday cake!! Love, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy birthday to you!
    wcn

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...