Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Completion


I have decided to go back over my written stories and to clean them up and broaden their interest. I have been awaiting instructions for the final,I hope, version of my work. It seems that the longer I await help the more anxious I am to finish my task as it has been very long in the making.

Blog writing has given me a new interest and an opportunity to meet new people who have encouraged me and provided examples of their own work. I now have a better view of topics that interest people and have developed a style that is both comfortable and reflective of my ability or lack of the same.

I took the time to read the hundreds of pages of anecdotes and remembrances that are important to me and see them in a fresher light. I suppose it is good sometimes to just stand back and let the inspiration filter through. Doubts crowd my mind and frustration at not getting started is taking its toll and action must result during the next short while.

Gathering pictures presents a difficulty that I never though would present itself. All these mounting thoughts call me to account and I must get on with the task.

2 comments:

  1. I teach a college course on Memoir Writing. My best, single suggestion is this: Start with a picture, and talk about that day, those people, the connections you all have. Before you know it, you have written a substantial first piece that will bring joy and wonder to those who read it.

    Memoirs are reflections of single lives and the times they live in. I bet you'll get started and who can stop you?

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...