Monday, November 23, 2009

AGolfing Friend

Gerry is a special kind of friend.I only see him on Tuesdays when we play golf with the old masters of Oakville.Jerry is creeping up on eighty but you would never know it as he has the smoothest swing of all our group.

It is not the golf that sets him apart from the gang but his rock solid personality.His wife was having some health issues like most of us and when I inquire about her it is the manner in which he describes her that is significant. His voice and words carry a very caring feeling and although I have never met his wife I feel like I know her.

When you relate with Jerry over the time it takes to pay a game of golf and communicate ideas and concerns you always feel that you are better when you leave him than before. He has that friendly confidence which comes from a life well lived and all of us who know him respect him for his ability to be calm and objective.

With my golfing buddies here in Florida I have fun and enjoy the socialization but I miss that special old fellow in Oak ville. I hope all is well with him and I shall get in touch at Xmas just to keep that connection alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...