Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving

Each year we have a celebration of thanksgiving. We in Canada should really be thankful just to be living in one of the most livable lands in the world and people in Oakville for living in the most livable municipality in Canada. With the mass communications network we now have at our fingertips we can zero in on the areas of the world that have insurmountable problems. On a personal basis we can be thankful for just being born in our family and able to reach out to a good life. Many people of the world are born into pure misery with little chance for a better life.

This year we had our celebration once again at Lynda and peter's.Everyone was able to attend except a few who had other family obligations. The huge turkey was cooked perfectly and soon disappeared onto plates filled with the traditional veggies. Deserts were many and varied and this year we were treated to an apple crisp baked by Darcy. This was her first effort in this field and proved to be popular.

Great discussions among the group about everything from music, hair and styles to more mundane topics of political natures. If all the suggestions were taken to heart we would have a perfect government and it would not be the one we have now. Laughter and good humor resounded during the whole time we were together and as we left to go our separate ways voiced the same feeling that we could not wait for the next fan jam



.

3 comments:

  1. I never tire of the laughter and zany-ness of our collective clan. Seeing both tables full to overflowing with loving souls warms my heart and really - what more could I ask for? I am grateful for every face -- and missed the ones who couldn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the events me and my father look forward to every year! I LOVE my family, and I am so happy and greatful that I was born into one with such amazing spirit! And yes, the "third" table is probably going to overfill next year as well! haha!

      Delete
  2. Just like many other family events, my father and I look forward to the Brown's thanksgiving every year! I LOVE my family! I am so happy and grateful I was born into a family with such amazing spirit! And yes, I do believe that the "third" table will be overflowed next year as well! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...