Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mocking Birds 1--- Henry 0



We have two pair of Mocking Birds in on our property. These beautiful, noisy birds are very territorial and fight every time a bird crosses that imaginary line which marks their property line.Yesterday I decided to look in the nest from which I heard peeping.

I carefully looked around to make sure the owners of the nest were busy somewhere else before approaching for a look. I reached up to grasp the branch holding the nest when I felt a sharp crack to my head. The angry owners were not pleased with my curiosity and attacked me with force.

I did see that four little birds were sleeping  before the attack but must have awakened by the turmoil created with the attack. I covered my eyes to avoid injury and backed away. The birds were still on the attack until I reached the safety of the garage. They proceeded to stand guard for some time all the while giving everyone in the neighborhood the word that they put the run on Henry and a warning to any other force who wished to get the same treatment if they invaded their space. Birds 1---Henry 0.

1 comment:

  1. You're so interesting! I do not think I have read through anything like that before. So nice to find someone with genuine thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that is required on the web, someone with a little originality!

    My web site todotanzaniacom todotanzaniaes

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...