Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Harvest Time

 Here in Florida it is time for we Snowbirds who plant gardens to clean things up. This year we had a exceptional year with three plantings of green beans and we still have some in the fridge.Our tomatoes were slow at the start but are still producing and I think I will pull out the old plants days before we come home. Carrots are our best and most prolific. This year I did not even thin them out. I just pull out a handful and there they are. It seems we eat them every day .

I prefer carrots and beans raw and I am sure that they are better for you that way. Since I planted a pot garden, not to be confused with a " POT Garden" we had really good results. That would be the way to go if you owned a condo or had limited space.

When we go home in a month I will be confused as we plan to make a change in our life. I  usually clean out the van and plant my garden. I already planted the garlic at Xmas and the rhubarb will be up and with all the fruit trees in bloom and there I will be. I will make sure that everything is just right for the new owner and hope they will have a clear understanding that gardening is a way of life that leads to joy at being one with the natural order of things.

Perhaps the closing out of our home here in Florida is a dress rehearsal for our task at home. We have already taken many trips to the Salvation Army and plan many more. We could not bear to have a yard sale and have people buying our treasures at low prices only to have them saying,would you take $.25 for that pot. I would go bananas. We decided to give everything that is worth anything away to people who need and appreciate it.

All these changes have a reward in as far as our Mother In Law who is 95 will be coming home to stay with us again. She will will add much to our quality of life and we will not have to worry if she is getting the proper and necessary care she deserves.

There seems to be a circle effect here and I seem to think this move will complete it for Theresa and Doris.

2 comments:

  1. you are truly a just right webmaster. The site loading pace is incredible.
    It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.

    Also, The contents are masterwork. you have done a magnificent process in this matter!


    Here is my website: options Trading tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...