Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Last Game With the Golf Friends



I have been playing golf with my friends for nine years and today was the last for some time to come.We are a mix of people from all across America and we share few political views but share a bond when it comes to golf. There are so many common social issues and things that we agree on it is always a pleasure to get together every Tuesday.

Carl, Ron and Len are all better golfers than I but they put up with my play because scoring and winning is not the object of our group. We laugh about errand drives and missed putts and cheer for the good shots we make on occasion.

Golf is like that, the games forces people to socialize and respect the game. Golf is an honorable game and scores are accepted and recorded on each players word. Senior moments are accepted and kind help when forgetting your exact  score is routine.

I shall miss this Tuesday and the wonderful moments I experienced during the past years. I was rather sad today when we said our best wishes for the future and I really feel a loss already.

Tomorrow one of my golfing buddies is taking me out deep sea fishing for a final Grouper feast. Carl is a gentleman who loves to fish and share the joy with his friends. For two days I shall have to say goodbye to two of my favorite pastimes , golf and now fishing.

The reward for these losses is the returning to my family and friends back home. In the next few days Theresa and I will drive the 2282 kms back to Oakville and a return to our life among family. In retrospect that is not a bad trade off




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...