Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Project

I have about a month before to Florida so a project was needed to keep me busy. I am not able to bend, twist, reach or lift so the only project I could see was right in front of my eyes. In my den downstairs I have been planning to get rid of an old piece of furniture which holds my TV, stereo and old records as well as numerous items or treasures from  the past.

I have drafted a plan and with careful measurements I will be able to build a suitable wall unit which will take the place of the eyesore and be home to all the treasures. I will build it from floor to ceiling and save about 13 square feet of floor space. I will have to have some help with the actual lifting and so on but Theresa will be able to help there. There comes a time when you look around and realize that the clutter has to to be managed. My stuff is not clutter but looks that way because I need good shelves to display the good number of items from the Arctic and the past.

This afternoon I will pay a visit to Home Depot and see just how much cutting I can squeeze out of the man who runs the wall saw. If all goes well he will co-operate and much of the rough work will be done there. I costed out the project and was shocked to find the good plywood sells for over $60 a sheet. All in all the project will be well worth the effort and cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...