Monday, January 16, 2012

Good Report

Today Theresa and I went for my 2 month checkup with our neurosurgeon. He spoke little but what he did say was all good. I am now free to exercise using small weights, use the stationary bike, drive my van and do a little more stretching and bending. I am still linked to the large belt to remind me I still have a way to go. Dr. feels I am doing fine and Florida is OK if my other Dr. finds everything  healing at the same rate. Although there could be some improvements in my legs and hips over the next six months he feels the surgery was a unqualified success.

I have had no pain for the past six weeks and I have no need for medications. The years of  taking drugs to offset the pain of arthritis seems to be over and I have not had any discomfort since surgery. The whole process was well worth the effort and I can say that it was not nearly as difficult or painful as presented by the medical staff. I owe a great deal to the whole team who are making it possible for me to enjoy my senior years and will be eternally grateful for their expertise and caring.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Pops! Another triumph to add to your list of many. I hope you and T go on to enjoy many more adventures, pain free and happily! (Maybe just not any Mediterranean cruises any time soon ...)

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...