Monday, January 9, 2012

Fun Day



Our family had a fun day on Saturday. We all got together to celebrate my 75th birthday and it was just what I wished for: a low key day with some food and lots of conversation. Everyone joined in and added to the fun . Instead of cooking this time we decided to order in Chinese food. We had enough to feed twice as many so my diet for the next while will be rice and something. I asked that there be no gifts at this get together but I did receive the best gift of all: the family all in one room gathered and presenting me with beautiful cards with well wishes, and words of just how I connected with them in years past.

I always make a point of writing on a card and not just signing my name and it seems to have influenced them to do the same. All these cards will end up in the memory box or boxes as we have filled one up already. It is a beautiful thing to take time and look back through a picture album or a memory box and read or look at the past. As time goes on you are able to appreciate the development of the family and smile to yourself when one of the group mention something that they feel is significant when at the time you were just being yourself. It reminds you that little ones pick up on your demeanour and record it on their minds eye. We are ever being watched and imitated so be aware of your duty as a role model.

Theresa added a special gift in her card when she slipped in a picture of a tropical beach and a cruise line ship in the foreground. It looks like a cruise may be in the future this winter. We love the cruises but the on shore visits are best. Maybe this year we will go through the Panama Canal. People say it is worth the effort.With the summer weather we are having and will continue to have for a few more weeks Theresa and I have been taking advantage of the conditions to walk several times a day and we will get a good report from our Dr. and we will get to Florida in February.

I must say that the last days of attention from friends and family have been wonderful and I appreciate it and realize just how fortunate we are to have such a network of good people. Thank you ever so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...