Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Recovering

For the next 48 hours I had to get the poisons out of my system. I was on a diet of no food, no water -   no fluids at all. I had blood sampling every 2 hours and needles, more lines in my arms and neck but I could care less as I felt very sick. Nurses were great, changing my soiled gowns and keeping me cool with cool cloths on my head and frequent cool baths. They were also busy emptying the containers of bile and other stuff frequently.

After 48 hours I was given jello, water and cold tea. I was recovered. I could smile at my visitors and I even combed my hair. My son came to show me films of his son at flying school. I became less emotional.  Post traumatic stress took its toll on someone like me who cries at weddings and such.

That evening Theresa brought supper and Kraft dinner and sausages tasted great. I could not describe my hospital menu but who cared; I was well again.

Second Chance
The good thing about this event is that I have a second chance. I asked the Dr's to book me in for my spinal operation ASAP. The OR staff came to see me and tried to explain how this happened. For them it was the second time in their lengthy career. I will be given a battery of tests to check the problem and I shall proceed to complete the task I started. I have full confidence in the system, the nurses, the Dr's, and confident that this time I will get it done. Do I have fear? Yes, but not enough to stop me from becoming healthy once more.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Papa! I'm so glad to see that you're writing and in better condition.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...