Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Cards

Last year I wrote a blog about Valentine Day and the ritual of sending a commercial card. I suggested that a personal note or letter would be much more meaningful. I followed my own suggestion and had a positive response and I received many comments from people who read the blog.

Repeating myself but the reason for my thought last year was people in close relationships often have difficulty in expressing feelings verbally but can be quite eloquent in verse. There is something rather romantic about getting a note from their loved one and perhaps notes could be exchanged on other occasions during the year as well. I personally remember a couple who wrote notes on a regular basis and received joy from the practise.

While I am on the subject of cards I would like to add that a personal note on Xmas cards and special occasion cards is much better than a simple signature. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...