Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Birthdays

Today is special in our family as we have three celebrating birthdays on the same Feb. 9 TH day. My daughter who is visiting is celebrating her special day with us. Two of our grand children also share the same day. These occasions are important fore us as a family because it signals a family get together. As we number about twenty we can count on sharing some time together many times each year. Since we have being dividing our time between two locations we miss some of these good times.

At Christmas this year we were all together and I speculated that it might be the last time we would all come together. My family with nine children never had the opportunity to share any day together. In a way it is sad to realize that families do not experience the togetherness as often as they should as in my lifetime the special memories are about such occasions.

Perhaps I have an unusual  desire to keep family ties strong and communication channels open as I have that need to keep in touch. My brothers and sisters are spread over much geography but with the modern gadgets today we can be together as often as we choose. Our children and grand children are living quite close together and share the use of the net to stay in touch. My desire is that as they age the family bond will remain strong and getting together at Birthdays is one way to keep it so.

1 comment:

  1. Just think -- Mom, Glenda and I all had babies on Feb 9! Actually Feb 9 is special to all the females in our family -- we either had a baby or a birthday on this day! I guess the world needed a few more Aquarians. Hope Dar enjoys the water while she is there. Glub, glub. : )

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...