Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Day

It just seems like yesterday that we were celebrating the year 2000. We now are living on the last day of 2010. So much has transpired during this year which brought out all of our emotional triggers in response. Politics, volcanoes, earthquakes and of course sports. As much as I like to look back occasionally I really look forward to the uncharted waters of the future. An excitement grips my mind when I dare to daydream of all the opportunities which will avail themselves in the next 365 days.

Some of the challenges that await me are already cast but it is the unknown which amuses me. As a child I remember getting boxes, sent by our Aunt and Uncle filled with small treasures or so they seemed but it was the anticipation of the opening of the box that gave me pleasure. Life is a very exciting experience and this year will be no exception. I have some medical issues which will be resolved sometime this year and it will be new for me and I look upon this as an adventure. Adventures deal with the unknown and surprises are part of the trip. My wish is that my adventure and surprises meet my expectations.

During the next year I wish to communicate in a more meaningful way with my family and friends. Time shared with people give up the greatest rewards and offer opportunities to bring you closer to self actualization. Our growth curve sometimes becomes stagnant so this year I will make an effort to shake things up and revitalize my inner self.

Time shared with my grandchildren this holiday has been a eye opener and I have to get with it to keep up with their energy. So this is my goal and I will need much help to reach it. However the journey is the real test and I shall try to walk quickly and straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...