Monday, December 27, 2010

After Glow




Christmas having gone by so quickly I have time to relax in the after glow of another warm experience. Sharing time with family and friends had a tendency to charge your batteries and put you in a happy frame of mind. This year was special as usual but since all of us were together in the same room itwas indeed a bonus.

Although Christmas in not really about gifts I must confess that I received a carload of offerings that would make anyone very happy. A hand made Grand Father clock from my grandson was a surprise and we will complete the project together as he wished to stain it with a colour to my liking. A prospective carpenter in the family. My oldest granddaughter made a video of a Lemon tree which had significance from our long past relationship with nature and the art of growing beautiful plants from seeds.

My oldest daughter made me a one of a kind calendar to remind me of all the family birthdays and the photography is outstanding. Daughter #2 was taking care of my back and presented me with a massage and heat cushion to go with my lazy boy chair. Already I have reaped the benefits of this device. My youngest daughter spoiled our household with more cooking utensils from pampered chef. She knows how we love these products and this year she filled in all the blanks. One last in kitchen composter from my son completed the children's contributions to my well being and I loved each one. Grandchildren were creative in their gifts and all in all I will use and appreciate these thoughtful presentations.

However I want them to know that the short time we shared was more important and will linger longer than the material gifts as memories are forever. Already the pictures we took and shared are a small treasure and will enable me to re-live the joy of the Christmas of 2010. We can now look ahead to the days leading up to New Year's and a new beginning for all of us after such a positive year ending event called Family Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. It is a wonderful post of a loving family sharing a great time together. Their gifts sound really special.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...