Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Finishing Touches







With Christmas a few days away we are trying to put the finishing touches to our preparations. Theresa and Doris used two days of this busy time to wrap about 20 gifts for the special day and the tree trimming was easy as we only used our small window tree this year. Comfort food is every day as the weather seems cold for the spoiled Florida girls. Cabbage rolls, home made Boston Beans and tonight stew. John Denver sang it best when he sang, It Feels Good To Be Back Home Again.

We have an old Angel to place on the tree and it used to be special to hold one of the little ones up to place this ornament on top of the tree. It is getting ragged as it must be way over fifty years old and once belonged to my mother in law. I like it and this year as no small ones were around I placed her up there myself.

We are well organized and try to have everything ready days ahead so we can have a stress free few days to soak up the Xmas Energy to cope with Christmas Day.

I just heard Theresa saying , "That's It", meaning she tied the last bow and placed the last gift under the tree. All this being said there will still be a few finishing touches before Santa rings our door bell on the 25Th.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that angel ... she held up pretty good. Wish I could say "that's it" but I think that will happen Christmas Eve! : )

    See you soon Santa.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...