Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandaughter #1

My oldest grand daughter is having her 28th birthday today and I am far away and will miss the celebration. We phoned her today and had a new lesson on our computer. She walked Theresa and I through on a new fangled program called Skype. Our new computer has a built in camera and phone and after an hour we signed up and had the experience of seeing her live from her home far away.

Since Lyndsay is the oldest of 8 grand children she was the main attraction for a while but later had to share the spotlight with the others. She has remained a caring person and mothers her youngest cousin and has a great relationship with the whole group. As a little one I was able to get my first lessons as a grandfather with her and now she gives me lessons on things new and modern like computers and such.

Hard work is is something you would not expect from such a little person but this year she surprised me by carrying boxes of hardwood up three flights of stairs when we installed her floor. Grandchildren are great and I am lucky to be blessed with eight and each one has special features. Your first is always special and her example has been good for all the rest and no doubt she feels a little responsibility being the oldest. Happy Birthday LRC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...