Saturday, November 6, 2010

Golf At Royal Tee

On returning to Florida I was excited to get back playing golf with my friends. At this time of the year the group is small as most people come down after the Thanksgiving Holiday at the end of the month. However a small group who live here all year got together every Tuesday and played through the hot summer months.

The first day I returned to the golf club there was only 7 people in our group. We did however get to start our game at 7.2o when the sun just peeked above the horizon. As I played little golf this summer I apologized before hand for my poor play. The opposite was the reality and I had a great first game and actually won the pot of money. Every putt seemed to find the cup and at the end of the game I had the best game I ever played. Many comments were made saying I had taken lessons and so on. All in good fun but as the money was given to me I detected a little bit of humorous banter as everyone there knew I played over my head.

During the game I observed so many birds and water creatures that my fellow players said I was back. I constantly point out different natural wonders like alligators, eagles and egrets. This annoys many as they are there to play golf. After nearly 8 years they are beginning to appreciate the golf course as a habitat of Florida"s wonderful creatures.

The second week I played I was back to my norm and the money was not going to my pocket . This week the guys made fun of my left handed swing and my poor style. On the second hole of the second nine I drove the ball down the center of the fairway but the club head had another idea and made my friends duck as the head became free and glided past them and ended thirty yards out on the small lake. It floated but could not be retrieved at the time. After a few laughs and so on we played with me having to drive with my 3 wood.

Needless to say I did poorly and ended dead last this week. The errant club head ended up on the shore of the lake and was retrieved by my partner. I brought it back to the golf shop where I bought it and he fixed it up and gave me a new grip without cost. Golf is a good game and most people associated with it are OK as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...