Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall Cleanup




Having lived in this home for 8 full seasons we collected a lot of junk. We also filled our garage with useful things like mowers, four bikes, golf clubs and every kind of gardening tool. The floor has been painted four times in part but not all at once. It became a patchwork floor so I decided to get to work and clean it up.

It is amazing the things you come across when you empty the entire contents on the driveway. We started with putting our three garbage and recycling bins close at hand. Anything that we have not used in a year or two we examined and either kept or threw in the appropriate bin. The bins were quickly filled and we still had more. Some good things that could be reused I place at the edge of the driveway and they disappear overnight.

To cover up the patchwork floor I went to Home Depot and bought this paint that was supposed to be a one application product. For the price I thought it was worth it but I bought two gallons to give the traffic areas several coats and have some left for touch ups.

I put off doing this chore for a while but when the task was completed I felt so good. The garage looked so pristine and there were some empty spaces for more future treasures. I cannot wait to go home and perform the same task in my other garage which is stuffed with all kinds of things I do not need. I make a vow to never let my garages get cluttered again. I will have to train the ladies to refrain from throwing everything they don't need or use in our garage.

1 comment:

Ï'm interested in what you think ...