Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Morning Glories

When I first planted a few morning glories in my yard I expected to get a good colourful showing. Actually I wished to have them grow on a trellis I made separating the patio from the back yard. I was surprised with the result. They not only grew but spread to all areas of our yard.

One of the best showings is on the fence separating our properties where the chain link fence is now a glorious morning glory garden. We used to collect the seeds for replanting but we soon realized that they reseed themselves.

As the years went on the plants became much larger and the leaves are twice the size that they used to be. We found out that they ca quickly become  a weed because of the rapid growth they exhibit. We now find them squeezing out even the dahlias. Some have climbed our apple tree and have mixed in with the climbing beans to compete for room on the bean forms I construct every year.

I love them with their rich colours and aggressive growing habits and will put up with the negative to have a colourful showing on our gateway to the garden area of our home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...