Saturday, August 10, 2013

Baking Bread


When I lived in the Arctic I made all my own bread products except when I ran out of needed supplies. Bread was $8 a loaf and rye bread was $12 so it was economical to have a bread maker. I had plenty of time on my hands and used it to experiment with various products that you could make with the help of your bread maker.

Since coming back down here and leaving up there I have really not been too active in making bread. Last week I had the urge to get back making home made buns I realized that I did not have the bread maker any more so I looked up Fanny Farmer's recipe and found it to be almost exactly like the one Mom used when I was a child.

I made a batch but using the new modern fast rising yeast caused me to have a little trouble so I adjusted the recipe and I hope all goes well. The new batch is in the oven as I speak and if all goes well we will have them for supper today. Today seemed like a baking day as Theresa was baking as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...