Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Baking Day


Theresa and I had a very busy day today with several appointments and a visit to the health club. This afternoon we decided to do come baking and it turned out that we enjoyed a successful time.I decided to bake bread from scratch as I have not done this for a while.

I got used to one of those breadmakers when I was up North so I forgot how to have the fun of actually baking bread the old fashioned way. I checked with Fanny Farmer and realized that the book was way out of date as fast acting yeast was not mentioned. A little note on the yeast gave me all the information I needed to get my project under way.

While Theresa was busy with her recipe  for five of anything cookies I had my bread setting  waiting to rise. Rise it did and I had to punch it down to get it under control. I decided to divide the dough and make one loaf and twenty dinner rolls. They rose in a few minutes and as Theresa was taking her cookies out of the oven I was prepare to put mine in.

Fifty minutes later we had a stove top full of bread and cookies. It is fun to bake and cook if you have the time and interest. We have both.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...