Friday, December 30, 2011

Year 2011

I never measure my life in years, months or days but rather by events. This year was filled with events which caused me to consider my very future.One event close to home involving Doris shocked Theresa and I into the reality that she was aging and no longer capable of keeping up to our life of travel and adventure. What appeared to be a minor problem while in Florida resulted in a rather lengthy stay in hospital where tests showed some difficulties in her health. Being 94 and of excellent health except for a few minor issues never the less causes us to make arrangements for her stay at a residence when we travel from now on. This was to say the least a challenge as she has been our constant travelling companion for  12 years. We are fortunate to have found a beautiful accommodation here in Oakville where she will be able to continue her active and happy stay with seniors who enjoy independent living in a grand style.

Our next event was also a health issue involving me with necessary surgery on my spinal column to offset the ravages of arthritis. The period of time was about a year and after some setbacks we received a gift of an excellent procedure which leaves me pain free and ready to begin my new life in an active fashion. Theresa and I planned our year around this event and are looking foreword to our continued life in our home in Florida beginning in February.

Grandchildren graduating from university, more beginning or planning for further education and all growing into adulthood leaves us excited. A first grand child announcing marriage causes us to dust off those formal clothes because although this is the first there are seven more right behind. The dynamics of a family causes Theresa and I to just enjoy the activity created and treasure the opportunity be part of the family scene.

Our four children are the core of our family and they and their children make up a lively ever changing group and we see the challenges of raising and nurturing children vastly different than years gone by. We do our best to keep up but every time we get together we watch in wonder to see the world of youth today first hand and we smile and wonder how we would make out in this crazy, wonderful society.

Theresa and I have been talking about our five and ten year plan for the future and will no doubt make major changes . We plan to live to the fullest and to try to stuff as many of our bucket lists items to the forefront. I would say that travel and adventure will be the core of our life in the next five years and of course family. Always our goal will be to keep our clan safe and strong. 2012 is in sight and I just see it as a big bucket full of opportunities and I trust we will dip deeply and enjoy much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...