Sunday, December 18, 2011

Special Time

With eight grandchildren I am over blessed indeed. The nice problem is that I never have enough time to share personal one on one time with all of them. Because of the closeness to a few I see them often but the far away ones are not able to be with me close ,often enough for my liking. Today is an exception. Theresa and Doris are out for the afternoon with my oldest daughter for girl time and I have my two granddaughters all to myself for three hours or more.

These are the ones who are editing my children's stories and adding value to my starved vocabulary. When we get together we talk about world issues, women issues and the environment and we manage to solve every problem in our head.Time seems to pass so quickly and the little grandchildren have become mature ladies and you realize that the next generation is right around the corner. The happiness you reap at this time is the result of the times and efforts given to help make sure these people had every opportunity to grow up in a loving and nurturing society.

As you age there is no greater feeling than the one you get when in the presence of your family and you can say, what a wonderful bunch of people kids we belong to.

1 comment:

  1. The door of appreciation swings both ways. As the grand children grow up they develop a deepening appreciation for their grand parents and the time they get to share with them.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...