Friday, December 9, 2011

Home Again

Fifteen days away from home and blogging. Today just before noon I walked through my front door on   my own under the watchful eye of Theresa May. I was greeted by Doris who missed me. I had a look around and everything was the same. What a wonderful feeling to return home.....there is no place like it.

After hospital food for 15 days I began to immediately make a real stew. Theresa got the meat from the freezer and I started with the veggies. I realized that you can't have a stew without a turnip so I asked Theresa to buy one  coming home from the pharmacy. With that task completed I was herded down to the recreation room and seated in front of the fireplace. With the TV clicker in one hand and apple juice and pretzels in the other and a blanket covering my legs , the welcome home treatment was complete.

I kind of had to shake my head to see if it was real. The last few days I saw many things that turned out to be imaginative things. Well this time it is real and I really am home again.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Henry! You are SO right ... there is 'no place like home' and no better place to heal than surrounded by your loved ones at home sweet home. All the best to you and yours.
    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pops! I am so happy to have you home safe and sound ready for the next phase of your recovery plan. I know it will take some time, so I hope you are gentle with yourself. Love you ... and I think I just got the best Christmas present ever!!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...