Sunday, December 18, 2011

Time Is Flying

Today being the 18th I realize that a week from now most of our Xmas festivities will be over. The last few days Theresa has taken me out shopping with my cane or walker and I could not believe the courtesy shown me while making my way to elevators or doors. I was impressed and I wondered if this showing of good will was because of the Xmas spirit or the actual good feeling in humanity. I chose to think it is the latter.

While we were in the mall everyone was  busy shopping and moving about with a agenda  clearly written on their face. Stores are very busy and the outlook is for a successful business holiday season. In spite of the crowds and hurrying about there was one place front and center that caught our eye. It was Santa who had a mile long lineup of young faces whose eyes were straining to get a glimpse of the jolly old fellow. The marvel of just how Innocent young children are can be seen a mile away. We were the same many years ago and it is marvelous that the same magic still prevails today.

My task of getting in touch with all family and friends by phone is nearly complete and what a great task I have. Phone visits are so good for me and I feel a real connection after talking to people with whom I have had little association for a time. So time is flying and I better get to work and make a few more this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...