Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Time On My Hands

In a few days I shall have had my procedure whereby the expectation will be to walk and move normally. There is one hitch however, it comes at a cost. There will be a considerable recovery time. Depending on my progress there could be months before my health is returned to what you could call normal. During this recovery time I will be told to walk several times a day and that is it. No lifting, mowing the lawn or even light work.

Since I am an active person and not used to all this time on my hands I must plan to utilize this new found freedom to good use. I will write more and clean up some children's books I have been working on, probably work with my daughter in editing my book and read some literature that has been overlooked for years.All these plans are worthy of consideration but I have been thinking that I should take time to work on relationships and develop a plan to get to know my relatives and friends that I have been neglecting.

I could document my progress and see if this endeavour is worthy. I am compiling a list of people with whom I had past enjoyable relationships and try to discover if there is still something to be gained from rekindling the friendship.There is one thought that has haunted me for years and it is non verbal communication. I have been interested and in fact amazed that there has not been more concern for this aspect of teaching and the skills associated with this important topic.

All these ideas could be accomplished with a computer, a telephone and pen and paper. I guess the question of what Bill is doing now stirs my imagination. Ideas begin in wonder and end in wisdom so we will see. My next months of living will be treated as an adventure for me and I hope the trip will enrich my life and those around me.

1 comment:

  1. A former principal that I worked for was surprised at the recovery time but so glad that it happened.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...