Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Pressure Is On

Wednesday night and 9.30 pm and my three daughters who came for a final visit are still talking. I interrupt the evening and tell them it is time to go. I still had to take in the sprinkler, tidy the garage and pack for my adventure tomorrow. I had calls from friends and family and the time I allotted for the packing and getting ready was eroded when I ran into trouble with the final stair railing.

Theresa and I had a smooth run on all the railings until I felt rushed and had a little bad luck. An anchor bolt or screw ran into a nail head and stripped. I had to start again and it was no easy task to find a new place to place the rail bracket. We did manage but time was running out.

We went shopping for a grabber and mouth wash and found a few bargains at No Frills so we had to shop and fill our freezer with discount, bargain steaks and hamburg.

I as surprised that I am not nervous but tomorrow will be another story. I have been living in pain for over ten years and the prospect of an operation to correct this problem was a no brainer for me. Theresa and I are planning some major trips, adventures in the near future and I have to be able to walk in a proper manner. My doctor said, not promised that I will have three to six months of pain and hard work but after that I will have as much freedom as I am able to find by doing my part. I am ready for the challenge and would hope that I will be able to cut the six months by a month or two. In any case I am in their hands and I will do as I am instructed.

The support I have received in the past few weeks has been amazing and my family set such a high standard I can only make sure I will not let them down. I suspect that my daughter will write a few blogs for me during the time I am bed ridden but I shall be back real soon. One of the real motivations for me will be to get back writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...