Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just Fine - Guest Post

This post is brought to you by Polar Bear's daughter Lyn. His surgery has to wait for another day; seems he is anaphylactic to penicillin or perhaps the anesthetic. But no worries, they figured it out and he is recovering nicely. He is disappointed that his procedure is deferred however his feisty spirit prevailed! Not to be silenced, he motioned for paper and pen and immediately started scrawling out directives, questions and feelings. We knew he was going to be okay when he wrote "how is my hair? His forehead wrinkled and his eyes squinted and I saw a flicker of his sense of humour ...  I drew him a picture, and I think I saw a hint of smile. Just a little.

So it will be a recovery of a different nature and we all shared his disappointment. He was so prepared and focused on getting to the other side of the operation to start his recovery. But that will have to wait for another day. I know he would want me to let you know that right now, tonight, he is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...