Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reluctant Reward


On a quiet Sunday I was hoping to achieve a degree of freedom to complete tasks I have been avoiding for some time. Theresa was in the mood for a look see at the huge gated community close by. We were given an invitation to look through the complex and have an opportunity to receive special gifts just for attending. I was not very motivated but finally said I would go.

We were greeted as usual bu an over enthusiastic corp of greeters who shuffled on and off buses to see what they had to offer. I was beautiful in every respect and I did enjoy the hour. Before we left we signed a card for the big draw. I looked over the prizes and was impressed with the goodies.

We left not giving it a thought but come yesterday we received a call saying we won the big one. We drove up to the office and Theresa went in to receive her gift. As she came out of the office she struggled to carry this large basket filled with Boar's Head goodies. Fifteen items valued at $150. were there in the gift basket and a ladies golf hat to boot.I suppose I should be grateful for Theresa pushing me to go. I had a good time and a bonus as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...