Monday, March 14, 2011

How many Fishing Poles Are Too Many

On a routine bike ride Theresa and I were travelling down a street which we rarely travel and saw  man cleaning out his garage.As we drove by we engaged him in a conversation. He said his wife told him to clean up the garage and get rid of all the junk. A couple of the junk items caught my eye. One was hip waders which I intended to purchase for flat fishing. They were like new and he was glad to see them gone. Another was a fishing rod and reel. Hardly used and Shakespeare by name forced me to take that item as well.

I have 18 rods and reels but this one was light and unlike any I already possess. Theresa knows how many fishing poles I own and sort of asked the question,"how many fishing rods do you need?". I thought for a while and explained that I had to have a few extras because we might have company who like to fish. She kind of smiled and resigned to the fact that fishermen can never have too many fishing rods.

1 comment:

  1. What is one more rod and reel amongst the sea of many. It is a good thing to fish and you helped the poor guy out just a little.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...