Friday, April 16, 2010

Making a List


This morning I was to complete a few tasks around the house and I did so rather to quickly as the new list is even bigger. Every year before returning to Ontario Theresa and I make a complete (almost as we always forget something) list of tasks to do. This list is our wish plan for the time we leave until we return.

There are many events for us to attend to as 2010 marks the anniversary of special occasions from the past. One such event is the 55th year since graduation from teachers college and there is a special celebration planned. Our wedding anniversary is in there somewhere and my daughter and granddaughter are going to Africa to help build a school. This will be the second such mission for our granddaughter and this time she is taking mommy along to take pictures and look after things.

We want to get to the Maritimes to see family and friends and there are a few weddings we wish to try to attend. Along with golf, gardening and writing there is not too much down time. By planning we are able to enjoy the thrill of anticipation. Theresa is the detail planner and keeps good records so we don't miss too many important items.

Before we leave our checklist is growing and there is the usual panic before the calm. We always seem to have a day of rest as everything is packed beforehand so we leave early. This Friday is the panic day but come tomorrow all will be well.

I don't do this often but I would like to share a happy moment. Friends of forty years phoned me last evening and expressed joy from the engagement of their only daughter. I have seen these friends in many situations, but I have never witnessed happier parents than these two people with the joyous news. In life there are a few special occasions and I was part of one as they shared their joy with me.
There is something to be learned here... share your joy and make the world a happier place in which to live. Thank you Don and Susan.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Maude-Amy got engaged?? Awesome. I still remember her in her little sleepers as toddler aboard Don and Sue's sailboat. This is exciting news and will mean a whole new chapter in all of their lives. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...