Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Golf

For the last five weeks my golf was terrible. I managed to bring my handicap down to 16. This is not the normal handicap but a special handicap whereas you get points for a boogie, a par, a birdie and an eagle if you are very special. My handicap runs around about 18. This means I am a boogie golfer.

This morning I was free from the pain of arthritis and was ready for the challenge. The weather was perfect and our gang of golfers were eager to go after seven weeks of 40 degree weather at starting time. We tee off at 7am. Today the temp was 64 and we were hot to play.

Bets were made and away we went. Since this was a personal experience and there are no challenges to their truth I can say as I wish. However every golfer has a code that dictates telling the exact score. I started off with a par, a boogie and a par. My companions looked at me and said I was in for a good game. All my golfer buddies know that I can be real good for three holes but not for nine or eighteen.

For the next six holes I had two more pars, two bogie's and two others. There is water on the course. At the end of nine I had my best game so far this year with 11 points. At the turn I managed another par, two others and another par. With five holes to go I was focusing, something I forget to do on nearly all occasions. The next five holes give me two more pars and two bogie's and another. There is still water on the course.

I end up with 21 points, my personal best. I was so happy and everyone gave me credit for a game well played. I paid $61.50 to play the game and I made $16.00 for the effort. Golf is a game of bragging rights and for one week and one week only I have them. This was the first and only day I had this honour and I was so proud.

We had a glass of wine and I returned home to tell Theresa of my success but she was telling her Mom about the bargain she received at Kohls so I was quiet, realizing that golf is for the golfers and not the shoppers. In any case I was content to play over my head for once. This will not happen many more times I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...