Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My First Publication

Daughter Lynda promised me a surprise for my birthday and a surprise it was. Yesterday while I was home (golf cancellation) the door bell rang. I answered the door and was presented with a package from San Fransisco. I eagerly opened it, and there - was a beautiful book.

This book looked familiar as the front and back covers were our photos. On opening, I realized it was a book of my blog posts. I immediately began to read these musings and enjoyed them as if for the first time. Seeing my work in print was a great motivator as I have been working on my own book with the help of my daughter Lynda, for several years.

Sometimes in your life experiences you get a jolt, and this gift was a jolt. I shall work ever harder and with a renewed energy to complete my work and have this same feeling all over again. I would encourage you bloggers to have your work put in book form for your own enjoyment.

Thank you Lynda, for making me feel happy about what I am doing, and helping me along with my dream of completing my book this year.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise! :) It must have been fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn embodies the complete package! Package ingredients: loving, thoughtful, tender, creative, smart and spunky! What a winning combo. Well done dad!

    /Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you for your accomplishment! and congratulations to Lyn for thinking of the perfect gift for you!!
    wcn

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...