Tuesday, March 2, 2010

After Glow


The Olympics are all over and what a great event it was. People of the world came to know Canada a wee bit more and better as we showcased our beautiful country. As I watched the games on American TV I thought there would be a bias shown. The NBC Network did a marvelous job in depicting the games in a fair and decisive manner.

Actually, I never had the sense that it was an American Network as the commentators gave glowing accounts of the venues and the games. I had the feeling that the American broadcasters were reaching out to the Canadian and American audience showing just how valuable and deep our friendship really is.

Time and time again our mutual interests were emphasized and the relationship beyond sports was highlighted. I came away from the two weeks with a much prouder feeling about Canada and a greater understanding of our relationship with our best friend and great neighbour, the United States of America.

I feel a little sad it is all over but I look forward to the next games in Russia and can bask in the after glow of games well played in my home, Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for Canada! We all enjoyed the games, the venues, the ceremonies. I had no idea of how many native tribes existed in Canada. Their presence at the opening was most impressive and most telling about Canada's national character. Proud of you, neighbor!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...