Friday, March 19, 2010

Packing Again

We are off to a 7 day cruise of the west Caribbean. Pack the camera , field glasses and all the things we need to make this a great adventure. Personally I could go with a few pairs of shorts , socks and underwear. However I am going with a 92 year old lady and my wife who are believing that we really will have dinner with the captain on his special night.

That means that we have to take all the best togs we have and will never use but it makes everyone happy except me. I see the trip as a visit to the islands and the opportunity to see the people as they really live. No package trips at $100 a pop but a local taxi driver who will show you the island as the locals see it. I give the extra money to the driver and not the cruise line.

We are excited and Doris the old one will not sleep this night but will be ready an hour before we have to leave. This is really a Doris trip because I am very happy that she wishes to go on one more cruise. She has seen Hawaii, Alaska, The Panama Canal and more but wishes to have another with Theresa and I.

We are fortunate to have Doris wishing to come along and I personally am going to make sure she has a wonderful time. Theresa is so happy that we are in good health ( she is a nurse ) and are able to walk and explore in the off ship ventures.

I will be off the blog for a week but will give you a day to day account with pictures when we return. Have a good spring and we will greet you in seven days.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky all of you for another marvelous adventure! I too prefer the local cab and seeing how the locals live ... enjoy :)
    wcn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy yourself Polar Bear ... after the cold winter you had in Florida this year, you deserve some sun and fun. : )

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...