Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Noisy Visitors


For the past week we have been awakened every morning by a strange noise. After getting our eyes open we discover birds flying against our windows. We have that tinted window dressing applied to all our windows and it makes them a virtual mirror from the outside. It cuts down the suns heat by thirty percent and people cannot see in during the daylight. This does not apply after dark.

Female cardinals come to the window and bang at their image. They play fight by the hour. The beautiful males come to see the females so we have double action. I have seen the mockingbirds do the same thing, fighting with themselves on the car mirror.

I thought that the birds would learn after a while but no they insist. I suppose this is where we get the expression "bird brain". We love to have the cardinals as they are beautiful and entertaining but could sometime tell them to start their ritual at 9:00 o'clock?

2 comments:

  1. Ha! So funny! You have dating birds on your window sill. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dad. How cool is this.

    I love Cardinals. I have their sound down pate and can whistle their tune :) Some days they answer me too.

    Lucky you - to have an up close and personal concert at such close range. Front Row Seats, I'd say. ox

    Daughter #2

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...