Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Without a Real Blog

With the weekend behind us we are heading for a very busy couple of weeks with visitors coming from all sides. We normally have a few people calling in during the summer but between now and the end of August we will have relatives and friends from both coasts and here as well. We look forward to these visits and welcome the opportunity to show good Oakville hospitality.

Letters and emails are good, and telephone calls are better - but seeing the real thing beats all. Our family and friends are spread all over the country and visits are less frequent than we would like. This year we are making our pilgrimage to the East Coast and will visit many friends and relatives.Theresa's mother will accompany us and visit her brother in Sussex, New Brunswick. She is a good traveller for a 92 year old and watches out the window the whole time. She doesn't sleep as long as I do - and I am driving!

As we get older we treasure our friends even more, probably because there are less of them and the ones still around us are more precious. This may seem morbid but really, it is the way it is.
When you have a visit from someone, even some who are less dear, savour the time that elapses and enjoy the value of the time spent. I have to remember that maybe we are the ones that make the visitors feel good and they leave better than they came.

We place great emphasis on friendship and treasure our friends, as they enrich our lives. Life would be a sad place without having a real friend to communicate our most deep thoughts without worrying about a breach of faith. I have a few friends ... how about you?????

1 comment:

  1. Someone once told me I would be lucky to be able to count my real friends on my right hand. And that is exactly how many dear friends I have. I also cherish them deeply and consider them my chosen family -- to enhance the family I was born into -- and made. I think you are a great - the best friend to have and you set a really good example for your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...