Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Running Out Of Time


A week ago I was talking about how lucky I was to have some free time. Today Theresa and I are looking at a calendar which is plugged with visits to the Dr., Dentist, condo association meeting, visitors coming and preparation for the big birthday. we are not in a panic mode yet as we are looking forward to the house being full and activity every hour. We were always busy people but as time passed we became more passive and turned to activities that more closely mirrored our age and life style.


I militate against any thought of getting old but am reminded from time to time that there are reactions to many of our actions. Actions that require extra muscle power and climbing on that God forsaken ladder. I always pay the price. Today I went to my wonderful Dr. and we had a 40 minute heart to heart. He told me to watch my diet and continue to lose weight, He suggested I slow down a little and act my age. He even suggested I should hang upside down for half an hour every day


I listened and came home and shared the comments with my good wife. The part she liked was that the Dr. told me that more blood to the brain would be reflected in my ability to think more clearly. I always follow my Dr. orders except when they interfere with my fun things.


In any case Theresa and I went out to try to purchase this inversion board to hang myself on. He recommended Zellers as that was the place he bought his. We went and approached the staff there and was met with a , you want to hang yourself upside down for half an hour a day. Bloody ridiculous if you ask me. She worked in the dept. where these torture boards were being sold. Guess we had the wrong place.


Dr. told me they were around $200. and he had two. One for the adults and one for the children. I was discouraged but not defeated. I am home and looking up this device on the net. I will build one myself and for under 20 dollars.


As to their benefit when I try my very own inversion board. Theresa will be the judge as to the relative value in so far as my head working better.

4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping we get to see pictures of this contraption when you've finished building it. It sounds very interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of this post was a little alarming! Especially when you talk in the context of a dr appointment! I too want to see this homemade hanging board. I think Theresa paid the dr off to get him to recommend this "suspended" treament. She would then be guranteed a half hour of know exactly what you are up to - and out of her hair. : )

    See what happens when you retire -- you don't have enough hours in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should just wait a couple of months and wait to buy one when they close GitMo down.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to see a picture of dad on this thing!
    Daughter #2

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...