Friday, November 30, 2012

Pool Repairs




Owning a swimming pool is not an option when you live in the Sunny State of Florida. They are however an expensive item as they must be maintained to a high level or you end up with a real mess. Two days ago as I was sitting quietly reading a book I heard a sound that sounded like money leaving my wallet. The bearings were burning on the main pump. I ran...actually walked quickly to the pump and turned it off. It was hot..very hot.

I closed the main circuit to the electrical panel and then I saw and heard a bang and a big puff of smoke came from the 1 hp motor. I knew it was shot but I changed it before and decided to do the same. Four stainless steel bolts hold the motor to the actual pump. Three came out very readily but the fourth one was stuck. I gave a little force and the head came off the bolt.

This puts the whole game in a new ballpark. I left the scene and went to the dealer where I bought a whole new unit and ordered a service call to install the new system and re plum the the above ground working parts to the system. Theresa and I noticed that our solar blanket was beginning to wear so we went out and bought a new one. We decided to get it all out of the way at the same time. After today we should have all the problems solved and we will be able to get back in our heated pool again. As we swim every day we missed even the day when the pool was under going a cleanup.

It was nine years ago we did the same thing so we felt that this would be our last time for this up date.Life is fine and all will be nice again until we have another unexpected challenge. You can see from the picture that Theresa supervised the whole operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...