Monday, November 12, 2012

A Milestone Birthday

Firsts of anything are important but when it is your first grand child it always remains special. Our grand daughter will be 30 in a few days and there will be a celebration for sure. There are so many memories attached to your grand children that sometimes it is hard to keep them straight. For your first it is easier and we share so many firsts with Lyndsay that were replicated by the others we think of her as the one who set the standard.

How old was she when she crawled, stood up on her own, first step and first words. Well we could go on but let us say she set a very high standard. I was fortunate to be close to her during her young years and shared experiences which I thought were important to a every young girl. Like learning how to fish, drive a boat and all those activities that make for a well rounded person.

I found out that my wishes for her were way off course as she had her own agenda. Her ideas were more complicated than mine and her level of interest was geared to her her intellect and vision. I tried to see if she would become an athlete and play sports but after trying that she decided to use her physical activities to build a strong body. Many people would admire the manner in which Lyndsay developed a consistent workout plan to acquire her desired weight and fitness level.

When I ask for help from this girl I am never surprised at her knowledge of computers. She has been so helpful with Theresa and I with computers and our limited success was because of her patience both on the phone and in person. When I write some stories she has a gift of knowing English form and syntax. I will need her more in the future as I get more forget full and needy. I know she will be there.

I am very proud of all my children and grandchildren and hold Lyndsay, our first grandchild special in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...