Saturday, May 31, 2014

Installing New Window Dressing

Installing new window blinds sounds simple enough that just about anyone  could do it without a problem. I began by trying to start with a fresh start and a clean window free of old mechanical devices. The old metal queer magiggers were painted over a dozen times and there was no screw driver made that could make them move. With hammer and large nail I opened a little of the opening that would accept a screw driver but no success. I pounded it with the hammer and finally pried off the metal with a large metal pry and when I did I took huge chunks of drywall  off as well. This made it difficult to put new devices in place.

I required a blind that was 60 inches but the window was three inches wider. Blocks had to be installed and then the new hardware but the screw nails were so small and the openings for the screw driver made it impossible to see so it was by feel alone.

Every measurement was different and I was getting frustrated as I thought the three windows were the same, two were but the third was not so another trip to the box store to correct my error. When all was done I had a few spare parts. I think it is about time I let my kids and grandchildren do this complicated work and I will just supervise.   

1 comment:

  1. It seems that you had a hard time with installing those new blinds. I understand that it could get really frustrating at times – especially if things aren’t turning out the way you expect them to be. Anyway, it’s nice that you were able to get your kids and grandchildren to help you with this. Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a great day!


    Shirley Todd @ ArjaySWF

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...