Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Yoga 2

Having a rather interesting adventure with my first yoga lesson I decided to be prepared for the next one. I was at the health club for my regular workout but with twenty minutes until the class started I began my preparations. I had my mat [ blue ] not pink like the borrowed one and my water as I approached the door to the class. Again as I entered the room was dark and very hot. I took off my shoes and put them away in the cupboard and looked for an empty place.

The kind lady with the baby voice appeared silently and said I could come early to relax before the class. Everyone seemed to be asleep on their mats but I told her it was still 15 minutes before class was to begin. She did not directly answer but directed me to a spot at the back of the room. I tried to find the bricks and large block which has a name but I forget it and tried to settle in.

The mat Theresa gave me had not been used for a long time so it did not want to lie down. I placed a brick at each end and it seemed to work. I tried to wrap the block with the large towel and get in the same position as the rest of the class. No sooner when I got down the sweet lady told everyone to get in the cat position and do something with my arm and oposite leg. I searched for a model and the nearest lady was as baffled as I was.She wispered it was her first day and hopedI could help her.

We began a series of manoevours which I thought were helpful for me and really got interested. For 75 minutes we worked out doing things like the cat, the dog, and yes the cow. Sounds funny but after a short time I was in tune with the program. I was exhausted after the time was up and there was not a fast movement but a series of positions which had to be held for some time.

All through the program the soft voice of the lady gave directions to instruct you as to how to breathe, move and hold positions.Now that I am a believer I shall quietly attend, listen and learn. The interesting thing about this program is the control over everything that the lady with the quiet, baby voice has and the utter complete following of directions by the people doing all those positions and moves. As I left the dark,warm room the lady said I did better this week so come back again.

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your willingness to learn new things. Good for you for persevering and I am glad that you behaved better this time around. Soon you will be able to bend like a pretzel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered my first time at public Yoga, it was around the same experience as yours. It DOES get better, though! Keep at it, and you will know what I mean. Haha! Good job, Papa! ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...