Monday, August 8, 2011

Keeping In Touch

Over the years many people impacted my life. In fact everyone with whom you interact makes a difference. That communication becomes part of you . I have been fortunate to have quite a few people enter my life and contribute in a positive manner to my collective success.I have been in a pensive mode as of late as I make plans to use my recovery period of several months in a meaningful way. One of my plans is to complete some writings which have stalled. Another is to sort out the thousands of pictures I collected over the years and put them in the hands of people who could benefit from them. My next plan is to seek out and communicate with people from my past that I owe some sort of thought.

In part of a book I am writing I have a section which I could call, people I met and liked. Some of these people played a small but significant role in my life and some played a major role in my life. In writing about these people I have a emotional reaction akin to actually meeting them. Many of these people are long gone but I am determined to keep their memory strong by sharing my thoughts about them to friends and family. I never realized how strong memory can be until I began this task. When I close my eyes and picture these people I am able to hear their voice and see their smile and record that most prominent feature of our relationship.

One such person was a lady with whom I shared the best part of twenty five years. A working partner, a friend, a advisor and above all else a positive influence. I have always admired energy in people and getting the task done in a proper manner. A person who had ideas and opinions and wished to share these with you. Someone who told you the truth as they saw it and not what you wanted to hear necessarily. A person you could trust with your inner thoughts and not fear that they would be shared with other people. This is the description I would give to anyone who wished to acknowledge my working partner Betty.

When I began to list the people who had the greatest influence it became apparent that many people shared that role and is really the story of your life because your life is a succession of interactions not events and it is the personal touches that come from these interactions that really count. I am going to have a good time with this project and I am sure that the end result will be a enriching exercise.

There are so many goals to reach during these next months that I probably will get frustrated. Frustration can result in redefining my personal goals and setting my sights on a fewer and more focused tasks. In any case I am having fun with the planning and look forward to meeting many old and some not so old friends as I meet and greet each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...